Hearts and Hands is a best efforts program at no expense to the care recipient. Services are provided by volunteers who give of their time as they have it available. Hearts and Hands Volunteers can provide:
- “Door through Door’ transportation for medical appointments and local errands.
- Phone Pals, companion visits and wellness checks.
- In home supports: letter writing, bill paying, hair care and much more.
- Yard work and snow removal assistance.
- Respite services to lighten the load of a caregiver.
- Minor handyman services.
Who is eligible for assistance?
People age 60 years and older or qualified as disabled.
Individuals who live in one of our current communities: Akron/Newstead, Alden, Amherst, Boston, NY, Clarence, Holland, Lockport, Marilla, Wales, and the Tonawanda Indian Reservation.
By linking those in need with a dedicated volunteer, Hearts and Hands hopes to enable older adults and those with long term health concerns to remain safely in their homes. We’re grateful for our volunteers and the vital work they perform in our community. For more information on how to receive services, please visit our locations page and contact the office closest to you.
ReceiveHearts and Hands Updates
At Hearts and Hands, we respect your privacy.